2010年1月11日 星期一

What Matters

David Du called early this morning, he asked the update of my decision, actually, I didn't think much about his suggestion as it was his own idea, however, the develop of his idea grows day by day, first he mentioned it to David Yang, and then to his wife Alice, last night, he even escalate it to his father, founder of Du's family business. as he kept promote the idea of having me to act as a new administrator to his family business, my silence to his idea may cast a Shadow to the family trust, as the senior Du at his 90th already, it's time for him to take over the entire family business. as an outsider, I don't know what games /strategy David is thinking. but if I join his family business, the road map I can see is he should be escalate to the Chairman of the corporation and to have his father take the honorable seat at the picture, it will foster the succession plan.

David is not comfortable about my in-depth talk with Roxane from Nike, that's Saturday morning before YPO new year discussion, I touch upon the coaching idea and the potential market in China. David is so sensitive about my lean in China market, not because of the Green nature, but for the reason I turn down Sinyi's offer - station in Shanghai for 3 years.. as for Kevin's motivation speech market development, he raised the basic concern, what if Kevin agree with my idea, then what's next for me to conduct the how and what to, Do I prepare the investment fund to support this initiative? if such an initiative is similar to entertainment or live concert business, what not take a less risk, more positive one? I hardly can elaborate more since there are too many unknown / uncertain in the live concert environment, there's no way for me to make any mi skate, what Daniel can do is more than the budget controller. this is what I need to tell him.

David raise his voice and illustrate the 3 alternatives I may consider taken in next 15 years, yes, the picture is clear and vivid, what he propose is the better road ahead of me. what I need to do is to list down a check list, a what matter list and a priority and weight mechanism before making another decision, remember, communicating before commitment, this is essential today, never made the mistake before. really.

沒有留言:

張貼留言